April 14, 2010

embarrassment of riches

when i became serious about photography last year i joined http://www.betterphoto.com/
and took a class. that decision opened up a world of networking with
amazing photographers and learning from their talent
and experience. betterphoto runs an international photo contest and i have been fortunate to
win  2nd place twice and have been a finalist as well several times. i also started participating at http://www.digitalimagecafe.com/ last fall and  my image "sunlit" was picture of the month in the still life category for  February!

Sunlit

"glad you are here , it makes me realise how beautiful the world is"
placed 3rd in their valentines theme

I'm glad you are here ... it makes me realize how beautiful my world is - Goethe
it was such an exciting day when those were announced. i never thought i would reach that level and it made me realize that my efforts are paying off!


2 comments:

  1. You are doing great my friend both with your blogging AND your photos!!! Of course you win - these pictures are outstanding!!!

    Hugs/ C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is amazing. You inspire me so much...

    ReplyDelete